VTEX DAY 2019 Case Study
Certificate of Excellence from Sabre Awards Latin America in special event category
VIANEWS carried out the Public Relations project for VTEX, which reinforces the company’s investment in the e-commerce sector, with the largest digital innovation event in Latin America, VTEX DAY.
The company was able to increase the value perception on its initiatives to promote innovation, knowledge and professional training in the segment.
At the same time, VTEX also expanded its exposure in business and mainstream media, as part of the strategy to strengthen the brand positioning and reach the corporate public.
VTEX is a Brazilian multinational that develops technology for digital commerce. The commerce platform created by the company unifies consumer experiences across all channels, through a comprehensive enterprise solution.
With a self-scaling cloud infrastructure and a powerful set of tools, the platform accelerates the digital transformation of retail in Brazil and worldwide.
In 2018, VTEX was named as a leading supplier on IDC MarketScape and ranked in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for digital commerce. Its client portfolio includes Sony, Walmart, Whirlpool, Coca-Cola, Stanley Black & Decker, Pizza Hut, Nestlé and more than 2,500 online stores in 28 countries.
CASE STUDY: MEDIA RELATIONS FOR VTEX DAY 2019
Develop a public relations campaign in Brazil in Latin America with the following goals:
- Position VTEX DAY as one of the main digital innovation events in Latin America and the 3rd largest in the world;
- Position VTEX as the main provider of digital transformation and multichannel solutions in the market;
- Disseminate the brand in the Brazilian market and in LATAM;
- Position the company as a trendsetter and reference voice in the digital innovation market;
- Publicize the presence of President Barack Obama as a keynote;
- Highlight the initiative to train professionals through training sessions;
- Reinforce the company’s investment in new technologies and knowledge promotion.
To execute the project, VIANEWS opted for a successful strategy, composed of three pillars:
Produce and execute a planning with pre, during and post event actions, including the company and the exhibitors.
Relationship with the media
Development of content directed to specialized publications and business media.
Constancy and rhythm
Weekly distribution of news to keep the topics related to the event in the media.
TACTICS AND TECHNIQUES
To carry out the project, the agency used the practices of relationship with the press:
- Anticipated service to those interested in attending President Barack Obama’s keynote;
- Development of security instructions for President Barack Obama’s keynote;
- Division of tasks by blocks of interest (themes) and with PR professionals responsible for each area;
- Press trip of journalists from Latin America and outside of São Paulo to cover the event;
- Media pitch suggestions personalized for each media, with VTEX spokespeople;
- Alignment meetings with the client and the exhibitors;
- Establishment of an integrated team, responsible for definitions, strategies, management and execution of the proposed actions and content development;
- Development of tailored content according to the interest of each media;
- Content – press releases, byline articles and media pitches;
- Development of an action plan with influencers.
The execution of the project considered that VTEX DAY needed to be present in the media with articles related to the content of the event, and not only in articles that focused on the presence of the President Barack Obama. For this, we created a matrix of themes focused on the sub-segments that the event would address, such as the fashion market, for example.
We also created personalized media pitches for each media title, to give visibility to VTEX’s main spokespeople in segmented and business media.
With the event getting closer, the focus was to invite journalists to attend and cover the event as a whole, not just President Barack Obama’s keynote. In addition to inviting to a press conference, focused on institutional issues of the company, we also structured a relationship plan with relevant influencers in the corporate market and a press trip with LATAM journalists and with those from outside the state São Paulo.
In accordance with the security rules established by President Barack Obama’s communications team, we have developed a specific dynamic to receive journalists on the date – journalists’ names and media profiles were submitted in advance for his team prior approval.
With content such as press releases, byline articles and media pitches, we had a large volume of pre-event coverage. VTEX significantly increased its presence in the main business and trade titles, compared to the results of the VTEX DAY 2018 – 495 articles were published in 2019, 136% more than in the previous edition. In Tier 1 alone, there were 161 publications, a 312% increase.
Through the articles published, it is possible to note that the most important topics for the company, such as investment in innovation and training, were covered in the media in a massive way, in addition to the number of readers impacted by the content posted by digital influencers.
- Coverage in tier 1 media represented 34.2% of the total volume (161), 312% more than that registered in 2018;
- In 37.5% of the publications, the focus was President Barack Obama’s keynote and 62.5% were only about the content of the event;
- From March to June 2019, 485 articles of VTEX DAY were published, 136% more than in the previous edition;
- Publications in the main business and specialized media in Brazil and Latin America: Reuters, Bandeirantes TV, Globonews channel, O Estado de S. Paulo newspaper, Valor Econômico newspaper, Folha de S. Paulo newspaper, Veja magazine, Época magazine, G1 portal, UOL portal, La República newspaper, Forbes México magazine, La Nación newspaper, Diario Financiero newspaper, among others;
- 21 insertions were aired in the main Brazilian broadcasters, such as Band, BandNews, Globonews, Record News, Rede TV! and SBT.
- Interview with Mariano Gomide, co-CEO VTEX, to Folha de S. Paulo newspaper about the company’s performance and the e-commerce sector;
- Interview with Rafael Forte, Country Manager Brazil, to Diário de Pernambuco newspaper (main media in the Northeast of the country) about the company’s investment in hiring new talent for development centers;
- Interview with Alessandra Hypolito, head of VTEX DAY, to Jovem Pan radio, about digital transformation and the main themes of the event;
- Presence of 26 journalists at the press conference focused on institutional news and 141 journalists registered to cover the event
Get in touch!
Do you want to know more about this success story and our experience in Digital Marketing and Communication? Leave your details and let’s talk!